Monday, October 1, 2007

My First Blog Entry

Okay, I'm new at this whole blogging thing, so play nice. I started this blog to have a place to post my projects, patterns, and updates on how everything is coming along. I am going to try to post regularly, but no guarantees on that.

What's going on right now:

First and foremost, I am waiting for my husband to come home from his deployment to the Sandbox. We are at the less-than-2-weeks mark now. Yay!! We're actually at a point where I'm comfortable starting the countdown. Tick-Tock! Tick-Tock!

I started Medical Transcription classes on 17 September, so my crochet time has been cut a bit. I'm still working in some time each day for crocheting though.

I am waiting on yarn I ordered for a commissioned project. I had a request to make a Queen-sized Ripple Afghan in black wool for a local gentleman. Now, being as we live on a tropical island, there's not much call for wool yarn around here. (I actually did find one, yes, one whole skein of black wool at Wal-Mart.) BUT I found a great sale on Merino wool yarn at Joann.com last week and was able to order what I need. As soon as the materials arrive, I can start work on the afghan. I'll post updates and pix as they come about.

Blessed Be,
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo Melissa! Your blog looks great! I cant wait for you to start posting information about all of your projects and photos. I'll make sure to get you copies of the ones I already have :)